Code of Conduct
As a prequalified member of Renomark, endorsed by the Canadian Home Builders' Assoc., we have agreed to abide by their renovation specific Code of Conduct below. In fact we strive to exceed it:
- Be a member in good standing of the Waterloo Region Homebuilders’ Association.
- Abide by the Renomark’s specific Code of Ethics.
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including scope of work) for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work. (Schnarr Craftsmen Inc. offers an exclusive five-year warranty on all workmanship, plus manufacturer’s warranty.)
- Carry a minimum of $2 Million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employer's liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Have access to information, education, training and professional development through membership in the Association.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite.
- Return phone calls within two business days.
In addition to the Renomark Code above, we also strive to:
- Treat our clients’ homes and property with utmost respect and leave the worksite tidy every day.
- Conduct ourselves with integrity, honesty and the highest level of professionalism.
- Offer a price guarantee as noted in the contract, with any extras and over-allowances accounted for by signed change orders.
- Communicate promptly and effectively.
- Treat our employees and trade partners equally and respectfully, and foster training on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all employees have the necessary safety training as mandated by the Ministry of Labour.